The PERFECT Healthy snack
Granola bars (16 Servings)
Quick & easy healthy snack that moms can make for the whole family to snack on
2 cups of rolled oats - The bigger the flakes the better
1 cup of almonds or any other nuts
1/2 cup of pumpkinseeds/poppyseeds/sunflower seeds and even chaiseed
1 cup of dates
1/3 raw honey
1/4 peanut butter of almond butter
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Roast the nuts and seeds on a baking sheet for about 12 minutes in a preheat oven of 180 degrees
2. Chop the dates in food processor in short bursts until you have a paste
3. Mix the dates, oats and nuts and seeds in a bowl.
4. Warm the honey and nut butter in a small saucepan over low heat, till blended.
5. Add the warm mixture to your dates/oats bowl.
6. Add the cranberries
7. Line a 8x8 pan with baking paper so it hangs over the sides. Spoon the oat mixture into the pan and pack it down with the back of the spoon. Refridgarate for about 20 minutes
7. Line a 8x8 pan with baking paper so it hangs over the sides. Spoon the oat mixture into the pan and pack it down with the back of the spoon. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes
BON APATITE - If you hear the words: MOM i'm hungry …. You have your healthy high fiber snack ready for a good snack option